Do you remember Christmas as a child? I do. I remember the magic surrounding it. Trying so hard to stay awake to get a glimpse of Santa. Waking up at the crack of dawn because you were so excited? As a family we had our own little traditions. Things that we did every year! I plan to carry out these traditions for my children as well as introduce our own.
– Every Christmas Eve we would leave a carrot for Rudolf and a mince pie and whiskey for Santa
– On Christmas morning we would wake up to a big plastic sack of presents at the end of our beds. We always used to drag them into Mum’s room to open them
– I remember going to Christingle at my Nan & Grandad’s local church. What I remember the most is actually the orange with sweets and a candle in!
– From the age of 7 years old we would see a pantomime every year. We did this until I was about 18ish!!
– Christmas was always a time for family!
– Our very own Christmas Eve box for the whole family. Containing things for us to do on Christmas Eve only! No presents as such. But of course it will contain some Christmas Pjs for everyone.
– This year we are taking Little to see Snow White in panto and when Baby is old enough she will come too. This is one of our traditions I am keen to keep up as it brings so many lovely memories!
– James and I always drive around to look at Christmas lights and have done since we were together. Now that we have the girls we will take them along too. Little is loving all the lights this year!
– Santa will bring the girls a few presents in a sack at the end of their bed and then the rest will be under the tree from Mummy & Daddy!
– I would love to find a christingle to take the girls to but I think they may be too young at the moment.
– Christmas will still always be about family!
Do you have any traditions you remember as a child or are you planning on creating your own?