Hi I’m Amy and I am a control freak.
I have finally admitted that I am a control freak, after 22 years!
I just thought I didn’t like being a passenger, didn’t like the feeling of being drunk, did everything in my own way and didn’t like change. In actual fact I am just a control freak. I like things to be done a certain way and I am the only one who can do it this way!
You would probably think that my birth plan would be very to the point. You’re wrong!
As a control freak my birth plan went a little like this..
– I am 100% set on having my baby on the Alexandra Birthing Centre (ABC) (which is for low-risk pregnancies). I am not going up to the delivery suite because that looks like something out of a horror movie!!
– I want to go in the birthing pool to actually deliver my baby.
– I will try and keep active during labour but if I want to just lay there, I will!
– I plan to not have any pain relief, possibly gas and air, but that could change.
– I would like skin to skin. If I am unable to I want my partner to.
– I want to be kept informed of everything going on and I will take advice from the midwife to ensure safe delivery.
I didn’t really want to have a set in stone birth plan because as a control freak if it didn’t go to plan I would not be able to cope! So I just decided, from day one, to just go with the flow because after all I wasn’t going to be able to control this no matter how much I wanted too!
Did you have certain things you put into your birth plan? Did your birth go the way you wanted?