Yes you read that right – 9 whole months. I’m a day late writing this so she was actually 9 months yesterday but I didn’t get a chance to sit down and write as our day was pretty hectic. 9 months (and the rest) in and now 9 months out! If only my pregnancy went as quick.
Eye Colour: I think your eyes are definitely hazel now like Daddy.
Hair Colour: A mousey blonde colour.
I plan on getting you weighed on Friday but last month you weighed over 18lb so I’m guessing probably close to 20lb. (As promised I got her weighed today – Friday 5th December – and I wasn’t far off! 19lb 6.5oz!!)
I have finally moved you on to Cow and Gate Stage 2 milk as you started waking in the night so we assumed you must be getting hungry. We are still making up 3 x 210ml bottles and you will normally finish them. You are really good with your eating now and we have stopped pureeing your dinners. The other day you had a roast dinner and it was the cutest watching you eat it! We are pretty lucky as you like most fruits and vegetables!
You are still in 6-9 month clothes but your baby grows still swamp you – poor bubba! You are still in a size 4 nappy.
You’ve started sleeping in until 8:30/9 again so I’m guessing your having a bit of a growth spurt! This means that breakfast time isn’t until about half 10/11, then you go down for your nap and have lunch about 1/2pm. You still have your second bottle around 3/4pm and dinner at 6pm. We moved your bedtime forward to 7:30pm although sometimes we struggle to stick to this.
You are still sleeping through the night although you have had a few nights where you’ve woken around 11pm and struggled to go back to sleep. We thought you may have been scared of the dark so have started using your slumber buddie again! Touch wood you have started sleeping right through again. We have rearranged your bedroom again (which seemed to help) and have changed your bedtime routine. You now bath (still every other night unless you are really mucky!), we read you a story in your bedroom and then you have your milk in your bedroom too!
- I think you’ve started recognising certain words as if we say ‘bye’ you will wave!
- You can pull yourself to stand on furniture now and even let go with one hand.
- You shake your head to say ‘NO’ and have even started to say nononononononono!!!!
- You say Mumma a bit more but Dada is still your favourite to say!
- We have started going to baby groups now and you love socialising with other babies and adults.
- Your pincer grip has always been amazing but you are able to pick the smallest of things up.
- You give kisses but it has to be on your terms!
- You have become quite cuddly too 🙂
- You are still such a lovely well behaved baby (although we do still have a few strops!!)